This week the Queens explore retro-futurism, including a ‘house of the future’ from 1950s Disneyland, electro-shock haircuts, Lunar Olympics and what the 1890s thought VR cycling might look like.
But before going back to the future, Rae gets excited over a bacteria-killing earbuds case, Rad gets real specific about the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and Tegan ruins Microsoft’s Clippy.
This episode was sponsored by Shure and Jands.
- Here’s a review of the LG Tone Free FN7 earbuds
- And here’s a full review of the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Rad incorrectly said “tetra binning” when she meant “nona binning” when talking about the S21 Ultra. Tetra is the same technology, but using 4 pixels rather than 9. You can read more about it here
- The story of Clippy coming back as an emoji
- And here’s the much ‘spicier’ Clippy story Tegan wrote
- More on electric haircuts
- Robot dog!
- And more info on how some people in the 1920s electrocuted each other for funsies
- Just think: The challenges of the disengaged mind study
- Imagining a VR cycling in the 1890s
- This is what people thought the 2020 Lunar Olympics would look like back in 1979
- A glimpse inside the Monsanto House of the Future, which used to be in Disneyland
- Disney really does paint things ‘go away green’ or ‘blending blue’ if it doesn’t want guests to look at it.