This week the Queens get behind the wheel to talk about cool car stuff, including the science of behind why car trips make you sleepy, that time BMW made a car with in-built flamethrower and Henry Ford and Thomas Edison being glamping buddies in the early 20th century.
Meanwhile, Rad reviews the Oppo Find X3 Pro and Rae dives into Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
This episode was sponsored by Shure and Jands.
- Here’s another great in-depth review of the Oppo Find X3 Pro by Fergus Halliday.
- Rad uses the Find X3 Pro’s microscope camera on a scab.
- And here is a pic Tegan took of a cloth serviette with the same phone:
- EV’s are definitely nothing new! Here’s an article Tegan wrote about early EVs, as well as Henry Ford and Thomas Edison’s glamping adventures. And here are some of the lads themselves out in nature:
- The group of glampers called themselves The Vagabonds and you can read more about them over at the Henry Ford Museum website. There’s also heaps of photos here and very old footage available on YouTube.
- The all-Aussie electric ute, or ACE Yewt. It will even charge your power tools
- More information on the BMW Blaster aka flamethrower car.
- You can also enjoy some footage of the blaster right here:
- More on that extremely expensive speeding ticket in Switzerland.
- The effects of physical vibration on heart rate variability as a measure of drowsiness
- And Rae really did get into the front-boot of a McLaren: