This week the Queens are firing up the old dial up modem to regale us with tales of their early years on the internet. Embarrassing childhood email addresses, roleplaying in Yahoo Chat, scamming people on Neopets… it’s a wild ride.
Meanwhile, Rae tests an app for upgrading your Zoom call game, Tegan has some thoughts on the fancy new Oral-B IO electric toothbrush and Amanda watches a film that centres on a moral quandary in space… because she’s a space lawyer.
Listen wherever you get your podcasts.
- EpocCam is the app Rae uses to turn her smartphone into a webcam.
- Netflix’s Stowaway is a moral nightmare in space starring Anna Kendrick, Toni Collette and Daniel Dae Kim.
- You can take a closer look at the Oral-B IO series 9 electric toothbrush here.
- It’s difficult to find much information on the old days of Yahoo Chat Rooms. But a few people seem to have remembered the Vampire Tavern.
- Here’s Big Kev getting excited about laundry. We recommend you start the video at about one minute in.
- Amanda wasn’t the only one with an embarrassing Hotmail address back in the day.
- Habbo Hotel sure does still exist
- A great article Amanda wrote about the more modern state of Neopets a couple of years back: 19 Years Later, Neopets Is Full Of Ads And Lets You Wear Poo.
- But the threat of Neopets shutting down has also been extremely real over the last year or so.
- A piece on the History of Eve Online from a few years back.
- And here’s evidence of Amanda’s incredible primary school project on ‘an event at the Olympics’: