Apps are great, except for when they’re not. And some are just downright dodgy. So in this ep the Queens put some unethical apps under the microscope – such as Noom – as well as some of the practices that have allowed them to stay live and make money on the App Store and Google Play.
- Fake reviews and ratings manipulation continue to plague the App Store charts [9 to 5 Mac]
- It’s 2020 and the Google Play Store still has a major fake review problem [Android Authority]
- Apps Installed On Millions Of Android Phones Tracked User Behavior To Execute A Multimillion-Dollar Ad Fraud Scheme [Buzzfeed]
- Noom gives daily calorie guides that dietitians say are too low, putting users at risk of serious side effects [Insider]
- Diet app Noom had a moment during the pandemic. Why it seems to be over [NBC News]