Millions of Australians are unable to get online in a reliable way, or at all in some communities. This is called the digital divide and the Queens take issue with the internet and mobile connectivity being treated as a luxury. They chat about it in this episode and perhaps also suggest a cheeky government overthrow totally as a joke, officer.
- Read the full 2021 Regional Telecommunications Review here
- Regional telecommunications still expensive and unreliable, review finds
- Australian Digital Inclusion Index
- Some Rural Australians Can’t Access COVIDSafe App Due To A Missing Telstra Feature
- More of Tegan’s reporting on SMS over Wifi here and here.
- The internet is changing Africa, mostly for the better