This week Rad and Rae have a smart speaker showdown between Google and Alexa while Tegan gets overly excited about MONA’s museum app.
And later in the episode the Queens were supposed to look at ancient tech that has been lost to the ravages of time, but go a little off brief because you can’t control them and are not their real dad anyway.
- Google’s New Nest Hub Tracks Your Sleep From Your Nightstand, No Wearables Required
- Rad’s review on the original Google Home Max from a few years ago, including her horrifying experience with the volume control: Google Home Max Terrified Me And I’m Into It
- MONA’s O app is actually fantastic
- New Model of Ancient Astronomical Device Reveals a ‘Creation of Genius’
- Scientists may have solved ancient mystery of ‘first computer’
- Forgotten audio formats: Wire recording
- More on the Parthian Battery, also known as an ancient battery in a jar
- Greek Fire was literally lit
- People in the Soviet Union really did bootleg albums onto x-rays to create ‘bone music’.
- More on walls made from blood and sticky rice
- Some cool facts about Damascus steel
- The low-res photo of Rad taken on the Amazon Echo Show 10: