This week Rae checks out the AllTrails hiking app, Rad has a play in the Oppo ecosystem and Tegan exposes a new text message scam.
Later on, the queens chat about some spectacular tech fails over the last few years – like 3D movies and TVs, Juicero, Hoverboards and the ill-fated Quibi.
This episode was sponsored by Shure and Jands.
- Tegan’s article on the Signal text message scam that is posing as Amazon
- And here’s one from last year where the scammers actually had Tegan’s name and tried to phish that way
- If you’re worried you’ve been scammed, or just want to report one you’ve seen, head over to Scamwatch.
- Tegan’s review of the Oppo Reno 5G, AKA the one with the pop-up shark fin selfie cam
- The Oppo Find X3 Pro Has A Huge Camera With An Intense Microscope Lens
- The AllTrails app Rae has fallen in love with
- Rae and Rad talk about Quibi on Download This Show
- Dummy on Quibi from Cody Heller (partner of Dan Harmon) was genuinely delightful
- RIP Quibi
- Why 3D movies failed
- 3D TV is dead, so what’s next?
- Why 3D glasses stopped being red and blue
- Hoverboards aren’t actually hoverboards
- Hoverboard jackings were real
- That time Segway sued Not Hoverboards
- Russell Crowe’s Hoverboard tantrum
- Hoverboard causes Melbourne house fire and just kept catching fire in general and eventually got recalled in Australia before being straight up banned
- We guess that fire-resistant hoverboard bag wasn’t enough
- Hoverboard porn sure does exist
- That battery invented to stop hoverboards exploding
- Squeeze Out A Bag For Juicero, Which Is Dead Now
- Juicero’s Ex-CEO Says He Is Doing Really Well, Also Gets Pretty Mad When Asked About Juicero
- That time Silicon Valley re-invented the bus
- The ice cream pod machine is very real