Things are a little different this week as the queens attempt a digital detox. While all four turned up feeling like failures, it turns out it’s a little more complicated.
And by popular demand they also tackle the complex and ethically questionably topic of NFTs – from minting dumb memes (including a tweet of Tegan’s butt) to the impact on artists and the environment.
Listen now on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Or subscribe via our RSS feed:
- As always Queen Rae got into the science of digital detoxes and smart phone use so here’s a big list of her sources before we move onto the rest of the show notes:
- Mindful Rejection of Digital Technology at the User Level: Cognitive Determinants and Social Consequences
- Smartphone withdrawal creates stress: A moderated mediation model of nomophobia, social threat, and phone withdrawal context
- A Week Without Using Social Media: Results from an Ecological Momentary Intervention Study Using Smartphones
- The burden of online friends: The effects of giving up Facebook on stress and well-being
- An Exploratory Study of “Selfitis” and the Development of the Selfitis Behavior Scale
- Beyond Self-Report: Tools to Compare Estimated and Real-World Smartphone Use
- Welcome back!
- Kobo vs Kindle e-reader showdown if you’re tossing up between the two
- People Are Now Making NFTs Out of Artworks and Tweets without Permission
- Tegan wrote this banger – I Turned A Tweet Of My Butt Into NFT So You Don’t Have To – Definitely don’t buy it.
- Here’s Amanda’s excellent article on NFTs
- Homer Simpson Pepe NFT Sells For $390,000 Because We Live In The Worst Sci-Fi Reality
- 6 ridiculous things that have been turned into NFTs, including Logan Paul Pokemon cards and an artistic homage to Lindsay Lohan’s Herbie: Fully Loaded.
- How to Fix Crypto Art NFTs’ Carbon Pollution Problem