In this week’s episode the Queens talk about ghosts so much that part of the recording corrupted. They clearly angered a vengeful spirit and are now haunted.
If you want also want to risk venturing into the spirit realm, you’ll learn about 19th century ‘ectoplasm’, the Xbox Kinect and other tech used by ghost hunters and how Rad got a haunted knee playing Just Dance.
Back in the real world Amanda plans to farm mermaids, Rad explains mesh Wi-Fi and Tegan gets historically sinful.
Listen now on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Or subscribe via our RSS feed:
- If you too want to date and farm mermaids, you can check out Coral Island here
- There’s only a few days left to back Coral Island on Kickstarter (depending when you’re reading this, of course)
- Or if you prefer something scarier, here’s the two horror games Rae has been playing – Phasmophobia and The Medium
- After being refused classification in Australia The Medium was finally given an R18 in December, 2020
- What is a mesh Wi-Fi system?
- For all you sinners out there, here’s Tegan’s article about the Wicked Bible
- All hail the Melbourne Monolith. Gizmodo chatted to The Architect.
- Rae’s show and tell book was Borderlands by Mike Dash and you can see the picture of the ‘vomiting ecotoplasm’ at the bottom of the show notes. If you’re reading this on a podcast app, you’ll have to head to our website to see the pic, which looks suspiciously like regurgitated cheesecloth
- More about Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP)
- A study disproving EVP
- Study claims EVPs Persist, even in controlled environments
- A study on probabilistic biases and belief in the paranormal
- Think you’ve experienced an EVP? Here’s how not to be bias
- A casual EVP session at Lizzie Borden’s house
- What are phantom words?
- And here’s a study on hearing what you want to hear
- Pareidolia explained, plus some examples of it
- If you want to know more about the Xbox Kinect being used for ghost hunting, Tegan wrote about it here
- She was also interviewed about Kinect ghost hunting a few years back by the ABC
- Boo Buddy is going to haunt your nightmares
- Here’s the horrifying Boo Buddy YouTube ad
- Ecoplasm vom: